Skip to main content.

Written By Margret

May 19, 2018, 9:01 a.m.(10/9/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Elloise

I am often at the Commons Clinic if you would like instruction. Plus I could always use someone to roll bandages.

Written By Silas

May 19, 2018, 7:59 a.m.(10/9/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Austen

Dame Ida's brother is a competent fighter who will simply hone his formidable skill even further. I look forward to watching him improve, and our next spar.

Written By Felicia

May 19, 2018, 6:31 a.m.(10/9/1008 AR)

For the record; blisters are painful. Very. Still, it was worth it. I met probably the tallest man in all of Arvum, and beat him on a barrel with a wooden sword before I got my butt well and truly handed to me by the Admiral Aethan Kennex.

I climbed rigging! Apparently I'm good at it. Or at least, it's approximation on solid ground rather than churning seas. I've got the feeling if it came down to it I'd be sharing my breakfast with Mangata rather than leaping about like a monkey on the ropes.

And then I braved a rug full of hot rocks and steam. Hence the blisters. So many blisters. But I now have all kinds of baubles to wear when I'm not in armor. I've added them to my collection. Not that I often have occasion to wear such frippery, but still.

Written By Cullen

May 19, 2018, 5:45 a.m.(10/9/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Bianca

Originally having sought out the Archscholar for a specific reason, what went from a fairly short discussion has grown into frequent, lengthy talks about the nature of many things. Her wisdom and intelligence and breadth of knowledge are astounding, and I have learned more from her in a short time than I have in years. So much that was muddled or confusing is now illuminated with utter clarity, and her method of making me consider not only my choices, but also how to better understand myself, is no small feat. I am honored to consider her a friend, and easily the most inspirational person I happen to know in Arx.

Written By Austen

May 19, 2018, 4:47 a.m.(10/9/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

I spent a wonderful evening with Guildmaster Joscelin last night. I don't think I have talked so much for a very long time. Thank you for looking out for me.

Though everyone is trying to feed me at the moment, have I been losing weight?

Written By Reigna

May 19, 2018, 3:22 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Kael

Every day. Every day I count my blessings. Every day I say thank you to Limerance.

I am a noble and the course of my life was not mine to pick. I thought that perhaps I would be able to find that freedom. To lay down my responsibility, surrender my name and embrace a future full of my own choices. To take command of my decisions. To be Reigna Godsworn.

And yet that future, that path was veered from. And in its place a new path was taken. Perhaps not one I would have picked, but one that I did choose. I chose to honor my family. I chose to embrace my duty, my responsibility instead of picking what I *wanted*. I chose to serve.

And in so doing, I made the single best choice of my life. By following my duty, by fulfilling the honor of my House, by denying the selfish impulse to follow my desires over duty, I was wed to Kael Keaton, Count of Oakhaven.

It was difficult. For both of us, at first. We met at the Shrine of Limerance where we signed our contacts. I walked back with him to the Valardin Ward and into a room at the Sleepless Knight, strangers. Unspeaking. The adjustment from being a singular I and turning into a We was not something that happened right away. Communication takes time. But from the first, we found in one another, a mutual appreciation of the importance of duty, a responsibility to work for the success of the people of Oakhaven. An acknowledgement that success built at the foundation might take longer, but yields a more stable and sustainable future. As we spoke, as we recognized the dreams we had in common, as we became united in our goals we became united as a couple. Responsibility and duty became... the greatest love I have ever known.

He is my greatest friend. My most trusted ally. He is the foundation upon which I stand. With him I am secure. I am proud. I am fierce. With him I look forward and into the future.

He is my husband. He is the greatest treasure in my life. These two years as his wife have been the most remarkable of my life.

We are Keaton.

Written By Dismas

May 19, 2018, 2:21 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Strange couple of months since I came to the capital. Not sure I really like the noise of it much. Not most days. Different when I'm fighting for a crowd, when that buzz has a purpose and direction. Ain't like that most the time. Most the time, it's just noise.

Need to get out more. Get myself used to it. Make some contacts. Make a name. Ain't gonna be much use to the guild if I don't, and that's what I'm here for, right?

Mama's been writing regular. To the count and countess, too, from the sound of it. Which sounds right. There's trouble near Stone's Throw, and it's hard resisting the urge to just rush back and--what? See? That's what keeps me. Gonna wait till there's something to do about it. Know the Keatons are working on it, and I'll trust in that. In them.

Oh, and, hey. Won my first duel. Exhibition tournament for the guild, but it's a start. Still ain't got the mobility I need. Something about digging in feels right. Till I'm hit. And I remember how fucking dumb that is.

Written By Dismas

May 19, 2018, 2:12 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Caspian

My money's on Jeffeth. Is anyone actually taking bets? I'd lay down good silver on that.

I'm with Zebulon, though. Don't you think I ain't gonna fight to take first even against my own damned coin.

Written By Joscelin

May 19, 2018, 1:16 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fairen

I've only corresponded with the Marquis before today, so meeting him in person was a bit of a relief. He was intelligent, direct, and very genuine.

Written By Lydia

May 19, 2018, 12:31 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Mayir

Mayir sure is an accommodating host. I have never had someone offer to procure, on my behalf, such a variety of things both common and bespoke.

Written By Kenna

May 19, 2018, 12:14 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

I went to a ball and there was neither blood nor broken bones.

Success!

Written By Kenna

May 19, 2018, 12:14 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

I went to a ball and there was neither blood nor broken bones.

Success!

Written By Fredrik

May 19, 2018, 12:05 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

From: The Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject : Duchess Margot

My niece...My word, it feels so odd to write that out at last, but there it is. The Duchess is my kin through my father's sister, who was her mother, although I had not laid eyes on her in many years. Did she remember my face? Did she remember me holding her in my arms as a wee infant? She was so very calm and quiet, even then, you know. I expect she does not, bit that is of no matter, for I remember.

I also remember hearing news of her as she grew in the care of people who were, until recently, my enemies. Anxiously waiting and hoping against hope. Hearing of her ascension was music to my ears, and I sacrificed an entire consignment opportunity in order to make way to the nearest shrine to give thanks.

And now she is my Duchess, and my liege. One could wonder if that is odd, being her senior in years, but it is far from it. She is every inch the calm, practical ruler that Tyde needs, but with an undercurrent of passions and interests that gives her hidden depths. No shallow and tittering noble, this one. She is precisely what I had hoped she was, and I am proud to serve her, for as long as she will have me.

Even if one of her first overtures of duty was a..Slightly difficult one to bear, as much as I completely understand and support it.

Written By Elloise

May 18, 2018, 11:06 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Cousin Fairen and Tomwell were in the Salon when I returned from the party -- ball -- thing that I briefly attended at the Arena. Yes, the pearl was real. I am going to be testing and documenting how long a pearl may dissolve in vinegar. Next, what kind of alchemical formula I can create to either treat the pearl (or, ideally, the oysters) to create a stronger gemstone.

And we talked and talked and it was nice. So very nice.

It's so much easier to talk to family, Journal.

Written By Lydia

May 18, 2018, 11:06 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I've never really dabbled with Haze or Dust or anything of the sort before.

I know it can be "enjoyed" safely, but something that changes ones personality so dramatically has never appealed to me... before.

But with Cassius gone, Nadia gone, my father gone... I must admit. It felt nice. It did calm me. It did what the box said it would I suppose. Horray for modern medicine?

Written By Fredrik

May 18, 2018, 11:04 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

I have been lax in my contribution to the Whites since my arrival, but I shall try to remedy that with a simple set of musings about my first few days in Arx, and the feelings I had pulsing through me.

From: The desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject : First day in Arx as Lord RedTyde again

As I set foot from my boat onto the docks of Arx, all seems so very much like I am used to. the flow of seamen to and from the taverns, the laborers loading and unloading cargo as they shout back and forth to each other in clipped, experienced voices. Over there, a docking agent argues with a captain over his manifest. The spray of salty sea. The smell of a thousand scents of different lands. It is all so very familiar. But yet, a single fact is different, and this one thing cascades to affect all my senses, almost overwhelming my precise notion of detail.

I am again Lord Fredrik RedTyde. It has been almost two decades since I was last able to claim that, and I wear the symbol of the Tydes upon my breast proudly. Hear people call me 'my lord' again, sending a thrumming pleasure through me, touched as it is by melancholy at times. For I am the only one to hold that family name now, I think. A forlorn hope exists that perhaps some of my family escaped, but it is a dim hope, all the same. If they did, they were a distant half-blood who is now sensibly living as a fishmonger or trader far far from here. No, I am the last RedTyde.

Gods willing, I will change that. We will build again. This, I swear.

Written By Fairen

May 18, 2018, 10:53 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Elloise

It is no surprise that my first interaction with you when you arrive in Arx is in relation to experimentation on theoretical applications of alchemical concoctions to fabrics for gowns.

It's always good to see you, Elloise.

Written By Pasquale

May 18, 2018, 10:20 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Carissa

Another of my new kin-by-oaths. We've both lost much, if in very different ways. There is much grit beneath her pleasantries, I think. By Limerance, we shall build something great from what we've been handed.

Written By Kenna

May 18, 2018, 7:38 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Iseulet

Delilah is way more eloquent than I could ever hope to be.

The books were amazing~

Written By Briseis

May 18, 2018, 6:47 p.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Elloise

I'm both a little confused and thoroughly impressed by her /all at once/.

I mean, she seems absolutely fascinating and intelligent.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry