Skip to main content.

Turkey Shoot!

As part of joining the Lodge of the Petrichor, Prince Artur Redrain knows that this is the time of year that the turkeys are nice and plump and ready to be hunted. Who wouldn't enjoy a nice turkey dinner? He's decided to host a hunt in the Gray Forest to hunt for the avian winged meals - archers are especially encouraged to come along - after all - these birds tend not to stay grounded!

Date

Sept. 14, 2019, 2 p.m.

Hosted By

Artur Brigida

Participants

Zoey Merek Ophelia Marian Arcadia Martino Otho Amari Ember Kaia Fiora Willow

Organizations

Lodge of Petrichor

Location

Outside Arx - Gray Forest - Deeper in the Gray Forest

Largesse Level

Refined

Comments and Log

Kaia

I'm super excited for Prince Artur's upcoming Turkey Shoot!

Father has been sweet enough to gift me with a brand new and superb rubicund bow; and, quite frankly, I can't wait to use it!

Watch out Turkeys!
Here I come!~

Kaia

Oh-well! Gods forgive me for I may or may have not...lied to a certain Leary lord about these turkeys being huge and "magical" and having certain outstanding properties when cooked that grant the recipient strength and what not; crazy stories; unbelievable nonsense! Like the stuff from myths and legends.

I'm actually quite surprised he believed it! Those small acting lessons from Dariel have really done their job!

I'm afraid lord Elias will find himself slightly disappointed when the hunt starts; but, hey! At least I got him to come!

*chuckles*


Artur GM Roll checked wits(2) + survival(4) at difficulty 1, rolling 23 higher.

Nunia the discreetest handmaid arrives, following Fiora.

Ender, a Silver Gyrfalcon, Ursa, 2 Redrain Guards arrive, following Marian.

Zoey approaches Kaia and Martino with a smile. "Good day to you both!"

Ender, a Silver Gyrfalcon, Ursa, 2 Redrain Guards leave, following Marian.

Merek makes his way into the forest where the turky thing will be.

Ender, a Silver Gyrfalcon, Ursa, 2 Redrain Guards arrive, following Marian.

2 Novice Keaton Huntsmen, River, a juvenile Oakhaven bloodhound, Barf, the Bog Dog, Bandit, a dapple gray Duskshire feral arrive, following Amari.

Brigida had led a prayer to Petrichor before the hunt had set out, making sure everyone was suitably quiet before it and respectful.



"Petrichor, Forest Lord, King Stag.

We ask for your blessing and guidance through your domain.

The forest, which we hold stewardship over in your name.

May our hunt be bountiful,

May our spears and arrows fly true,

May we all give thanks to your Majesty of Nature,%And may we lift a horn to your name at the feast to follow."



With that the Archlector had clapped her hands together and in a loud clear voice said, "Right. That's all done. Now let us find some turkeys."

The hunters had gathered early in the day at the Lodge to make their prayers and offerings under Brigida's guidance before sharing in a hearty breakfast and heading out into the woods. While Artur has been in the lead for the most part, using his spear as a walking stick, the Redrain Prince glance back at the group and gives a little chuckle. "The last time I was out here.." he admits ruefully, "..it was to hunt boar, and one of them gored my leg. He's currently on displayed in the Velenosian suites. I believe Princess Ophelia named him Brutus." he explains as he picks along the path.



Every once in a while, he pauses, to see if he can make ot the noise of one of the creatures calling out in it's known worbbling gobble of a cry. When he hears it, he's adjusting his path slightly, as the group come across a small clearing where a home used to be but has long since fallen into disrepair and ruin, only small outlines of the small walls that once surrounded the house remain. It's a good of a place as any to take a moment, regroup, and get their bearings. "If you have drinks, nows the time to have them." The first half of the event has been uneventful so far. Of course, Artur may also know that there's a fealty meeting on the horizon, and of course, is not exactly in a rush to be there for it!



Maybe.. if one strains or has really good hearing, they might hear the gobbling of a Tom just off in the distance.

Fiora checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 8 lower.

Arcadia checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 17 higher. Arcadia rolled a critical!

Martino checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 0 higher.

Otho checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 6 lower.

Marian checked perception + survival at difficulty 23, rolling 37 higher.

Amari checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 5 lower.

Zoey checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 8 lower.

Ophelia checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 0 higher.

Brigida checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 12 lower.

Marian checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 8 higher.

Ember checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 8 lower.

Ophelia Velenosa is currently leaning up against a tree trunk and taking a bite out of a red apple as she waits for other hunters to join the gathered group. Dressed in her outdoor gear, the princess sports her dark colored leathers with purple lining while her blonde hair has been done up into a braided chignon. When Archlector Brigida begins with a prayer, she straightens and bows her head to ask Petrichor for a successful and safe hunt. A deep breath is inhaled and exhaled to help center her thoughts and soon she ventures over to the others with Robyn at her side. There's a smile and wave given to a few familiar faces. "Brutus is waiting for his cousin, Tom the turkey, to join him." she says with a wry smile to Artur. "I hear him out there now."

Kaia checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 0 higher.

Marian gives her offering to Petrichor after Brigida's prayer, murmuring her quiet words and then strides into the forest. Her feet make almost no noise as the warchief steps, her keen eyes looking for prey. The raptor on her shoulder shifts impatiently, wanting to be released. Marian lightly ruffles the feathers before gently letting her companion free to soar among the trees. She pauses as she hears the warble and ducks down to get a better look. She then leans back, draws her bow and knotches an arrow. She looks through her sight carefully and then pulls back to release a shot.

Arcadia has been waiting for this day. Finally no longer a waddling ball, she springs through the forest on the balls of her toes. Her face is just pure joy. Outside! Hunting! All the things she loves. She pauses after awhile and cocks her head to the side as she hears the gobble gobble. "Oh..." She then loads her bow and takes aim.

Riding in close behind Fiora, the distance between Lady Fiora Malvici and Lord Martino Malvici is almost like she /doesn't/ want him to be next to her as she arrives into the forest. "Oh I shall be in the background, Lady Fiora. Worry not. You show off now." Martino speaks as he turns his chin to Lady Kaia Bisland, the two climbing down from horses ridden and handed off to squires attending. "If you do win... yours or my cooks seeing to the feast? Oh we should host one again soon." A broad smile is met to Zoey as Martino bows his head, "Good day, good Lady Zoey. Care to attend the feast we will have when Kaia wins? Oh Kaia it is umm..." Martino's ears perk a bit and he waves his hand off in a seemingly random direction, "Off that way I think! Maybe. Where is the wine?"

Zoey looks around, trying to follow the gazes of those around her so that she might also take a shot at the turkey they had apparently found.

Arcadia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 38, rolling 12 higher.

Marian checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 38, rolling 19 higher.

Otho follows the group, clumsily taking notes while walking. His eyes are mostly on what sort of gear the hunters have brought, and how they have provisioned themselves for the trek. He seems startled at the sudden twang of bowstrings.

Amari has brought her dogs, because of course she has, she's a Keaton. The bloodhound tracks ahead, snout to the ground, plowing through the fallen leaves as she snuffles along. The ugly brindled stinker stays at her side protectively, his hulking presence alone enough to make the more timid avoid him and Amari both. Since Brigida's prayer she's been quiet, though hardly stealthy. Between her stepping on dry twigs regularly and the dogs tromping happily around, there won't be a turkey within a mile of her that won't hear the trio approaching.

Zoey wields Dawn's Light, an alaricite bow.



It wouldn't be a hunting party without the Princess of Parties. One of Ember's handmaidens said that to her in jest earlier and the Baroness of Redreef briefly, though not seriously, considered throwing her out of a parapet. All the same, Prince Artur's invitation to join the turkey hunt was accepted, and here is Ember, dressed in fashions closer to what she'd wear into battle than what she'd wear to a social affair. Her bow in hand, she seems more focused on the task than on chatting with her fellow hunters, brows knitted into a stern expression of concentration. Indeed, hail the Princess, long may she Party.

The pair of arrows streak through the woods, and there's a pair of solid thunks. The first turkey of the day has been found, and brought to ground - through the combined efforts of Arcadia and Marian.



"Excellent shot, Countess, Marian!" Artur calls out to them.



The question is - which one of them would be the one to claim killing the bird.

Somewhere among the gathered hunters is Kaia. She's garbed and carrying the appropriate gear, listening in carefully to any signs of turkey. "Oh, I hear something..." she says in a somewhat hushed manner. "Although,..." she looks around a bit confused. "-I can't quite place from where it's coming from..."

Zoey gets stiff leather bracers from a monogrammed black calfskin satchel with silk lining.

Fiora Malvici is staring straight ahead as Martino's nattering continues on, all around him. A woman resigned to her fate, she just bobs her head at select moments as Martino talks which might be confused as she's listening and nodding to him talk. Or perhaps it's just the natural bobbing of the horse. Her eyes flash over to people already drawing their bows and she gives an annoyed glance sidelong to Martino. Obviously he distracted her. "Would you look at that, they're starting already."



With that Fiora is moving awayyyy from her cousin, going to tie off her horse before pulling her bow out. Placing her hand on her hip quiver she quickly moves out into the grass to look around for these gob-gobs.

Marian stands up from her crouch, smiling deeply at the sound of success coming from the woods. She flashes a look to Arcadia and gives an easy smile as she approaches the first kill of the day, "Well...it appears Countess Arcadia landed her shot first so the kill should go to her." She gives a bow to Arcadia and steps away as servants come to bag the turkey. Then she salutes Artur for his compliment before melting back into the woods to find her next turkey.

Marian is overheard praising Arcadia: For her fine shot.

Arcadia grins triumphantly at Marian's words. No way is she going to argue with a princess. She dips her head at Artur's and Marian's compliments before she too melds into the forest, ready to catch her next creature.

Brigida walks quietly along near the back of the party, her Disciples hanging back further, nervously looking around at the trees from time to time. Oswald the war pig trots... or waddles along beside her as the Archlector of Petrichor takes the time to pause and enjoy the sunlight dappled through trees. The announcing of the first kill is welcomed with a, "Wonderful. The Countess can cut the first meat and lead the first prayer later."

Artur GM Roll checked wits(2) + survival(4) at difficulty 1, rolling 43 higher.

Standing back, Martino is playing more the role of pointer in the pushes as he exhales across to Johannes. "We should have brought some wine ourselves." Stood near to both Kaia and Zoey, having annoyed Fiora to end of her wit, Martino chuckles to them both as he notes, "I can... point them out. I mean, if I am to be useful here."

Finn the large Northern hunting dog with icy blue eyes arrives, delivering a message to Fiora before departing.

As a pair of disciples are sent to recover the turkey for the group, it seems that the death of the first turkey has alerted the others that there are hunters in the area! Another turkey could be nearby, as it rustles through the brush, soft warbling that may give away the position of the creature as it rustles about!

Zoey checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 44 lower.

Arcadia checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 34 lower.

Ophelia checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 43 lower.

Amari checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 14 lower.

Marian checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 12 lower.

Otho checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 25 lower.

Fiora checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 21 lower.

Kaia checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 6 lower.

Martino checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 37 lower.

"That would be helpful if you can," Zoey replies with an exasperated sigh.

Arcadia is utterly distracted by Martino's constant loud nattering. Sneaking up behind him she leans very close and whispers something in his ear, before shushing him and sinking back into the foliage.

Otho mutters quietly, "This is why I prefer fishing. You don't have to chase them through the shrubbery."

Brigida checked mana + theology at difficulty 43, rolling 10 higher.

Kaia mutters, "... ... ... ... them away with your ..."

Ophelia is thrilled with Arcadia's shot and is pleased that the first turkey is now dead. She bounces a little and Robyn has to give her A Look to remind her that they are, indeed, among a group of hunters. Focus! Ophelia has a hard time doing that as she's now currently looking at some kind of mark on her rubicund bow, making her completely oblivious to the turkey rustling around her -- at least for now! Robyn elbows her in the ribs. "What?" Ophelia blinks. "Oh, right..."

Marian sits from her perch, listening to the sounds of the forest but there is just too much noise. She frown from her position but manages to keep quieter than the other nobles.

Brigida quietly, under her breath, begins offering some quiet prayers to Petrichor, asking for his favor on the hunt. She throws in a quick one to Mangata too, praying that the wind does not betray the party as well.

A hushedly chuckle and a faint touch of red meets Martino's cheeks as he turns his chin to Arcadia, "Gobble. Gobble?" Then there's a few more shhhhes from the group as he does that, and down Martino's head ducks as he creeps along with a sigh.

Amari hobbles to a halt next to a great big maple and plants a hand to the rough bark for balance. This is required so she can remove one of her boots and shake it out. River circles the tree while Barf just cocks a leg and waters it while the trio is stopped. "Some help you both are." She murmurs, apparently having no luck spotting or hearing turkeys, even if off ahead Marian and Arcadia are doing well. As she's fallen back, she smiles over her shoulder at Brigida and her war pig. "How about we stay back and protect the Archlector?" She proposes in a loud whisper to her dogs.

Artur GM Roll checked wits(1) + survival(2) at difficulty 11, rolling 1 lower.

Arcadia checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Martino checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 1 higher.

Ember checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

Otho listens attentively to Brigida's prayer, making a note as she mentions Mangata.

Ophelia checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 0 higher.

Zoey checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

Marian checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Amari checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

Kaia checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 3 higher.

Fiora checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 10 higher.

Apparently whatever Brigida offered has helped. There's a sudden worble, and the turkey is suddenly /very/ visible as it comes out of the brush. The turkey pecks at the ground, oblivious that it is - indeed - very much in danger.

Merek checked perception at difficulty 15, rolling 4 higher.

Merek makes his way to where the others are to do shooting with them, while he seems to consider. He is shifting his cloak about his frame also.

Merek checked perception at difficulty 23, rolling 12 higher.

Merek checked perception + survival at difficulty 58, rolling 32 lower.

Amari checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 32 higher.



Ember is not having the greatest luck when it comes to hunting today. Perhaps fishing would be more the speed of a native of Redreef Shores -- when the turkey reveals itself, Ember is on the other side of the crowd, and not only is she late in spotting it, she also can't reliably shoot at it without risking arcing an arrow right though, say, Martino's hat, or worse. "Tt," she grumps to herself. For someone who has a reputation as a stern, taciturn warrior, she sure doesn't seem to be having a tremendous amount of fun!

Zoey's enthusiasm is quickly waning due to her inability to spot the turkeys. She knows she could take one out easily enough once she sees one, but finding the damned birds is a real problem.

Arcadia crouches low when she sees the next turkey. There it goes gobbling and pecking at the ground. The nerve of the thing. She readies her shot, but sees Amari has a much better shot, so down goes her bow as she waits for the Keaton to take the mark.

Merek shifts so he can unsling his bow from his cloak, then he moves with the others to look about, seeming to peek to wait for something to come about, contently.

Just as Amari seems about to give up the hunt so she can bother Brigida, the latter's prayers have an effect. There a turkey strolls out from the underbrush, plain as day. She ohs, softly, and with barely a thought or hesitation has an arrow nocked and the turkey quite well and dead a second afterwards. Then she notices that she hadn't put her other boot back on, so now her foot is quite damp. "Bother." River goes for the bird, if only to sniff at it and pin it down with a paw like she had some role in downing it.

Marian hears the sound of the turkey and then bursts out of her hiding place, her arrow drawn in her bow. However, before she can even target the turkey, the swift arrow of Amari fells the turkey, taking another kill. She lowers her bow and grins at her, "Good shot." She looks to Arcadia and notices that she also came close to taking a shot at the turkey. There's a motion of her hand as if to challenge the Countess to the next turkey before once again she shifts her position, trying to find tracks or catch of another turkey call.

Kaia manages to catch a glimpse at the turkey, however, too late. Before she could even set up her bow and arrow, Amari had already taken her shot and downed the little beast on her first attempt.

Ahaaa. There is a turkey that Ophelia can very plainly /see,/ but she does not attempt to target the bird. Instead, she collects an arrow from her quiver and decides to be ready for the next one -- /if/ she can focus a little more. And it's a good thing, too, as Lady Amari smashes that turkey with an arrow meant just for it. Excellent! Ophelia glances over at the fellow huntress and beams a smile. "Good shot, yes?" she whispers to Robyn.

a massive cat with long black fur, Intrigue, a sleek, diminutive raven with blue-black plumage arrive, following Willow.

"Oh it is...." Ziiip. Before Martino could point it for Zoey and Kaia, down it goes. "Oh fine shot that. I'll be quicker next time for you both."

Arcadia grins and nods at Marion, her eyes flash with natural competition. She hurried sinks back into the growth, intent on winning the wager.

Brigida allows a small little smile to herself after the turkey appears and is promptly shot. The Archlector slowls down and rubs behind Oswald's ear as she takes slow breaths, enjoying being in Petrichor's domain.

When River goes to collect Arcadia's prize, there's a sudden rustling in the woods, and all of the sudden, three turkeys are bursting loose from the brush. Two hens and a a tom that are taking flight to try to get away - from perhaps the hunters, who have now killed two of their number.

Otho ambles aimlessly, guilelessly, with no visible intent or direction, just absolutely innocent and randomly, quite near to Brigida's vicinity. His eyes are /firmly/ fixed on the notes he's taking. It simply /must/ be coincidence that he has ended up within arm's length of the Archlector.

Artur GM Roll checked wits(1) + survival(2) at difficulty 1, rolling 19 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked wits(1) + survival(2) at difficulty 1, rolling 22 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked wits(1) + survival(2) at difficulty 1, rolling 21 higher. Artur GM Roll rolled a critical!

Merek checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 34, rolling 1 lower.

Zoey checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 67, rolling 24 lower.

It is perhaps a kindness that Willow showed up to watch other people hunt rather than do any hunting of her own. Or not. Either way, she is as good at sneaking as a peacock in full plumage is at hiding. The bells on her cloak do a good job of distracting from hunters quietly crunching leaves, so that might be a blessing. Any excuse to sit outside for a little while ahead of the none too far off Northern Fealty meeting.

Marian checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 37, rolling 7 lower.

Ophelia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 37, rolling 27 higher.

Arcadia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 37, rolling 31 higher.

Amari checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 67, rolling 39 lower.

A slightly embarrassed courier called Guido arrives, delivering a message to Willow before departing.

Kaia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 34, rolling 5 higher.

Fiora checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 67, rolling 4 lower.

Merek takes a nice and clean shot at one of the turkeys, but it manages to hit right in front of the creature.

Kaia wields Heartpiercer a black locust wood and rubicund recurve bow.

Zoey realizes only after her arrow is loosed that the shot was too ambitious, even for her. She shakes her head at herself and gets ready for the next one.

With the birds taking flight, there's a flurry of arrows that are chasing after them. Two arrows manage to strike one of the hens - the shaft heads and feathers belonging to Ophelia and Arcadia - but Arcadia's arrow is through the heart. Another hen is brought down Kaia's arrow, sending it crashing to the ground. The tom manages to get away, flying off into the distance. And in that moment, there's a sudden.. and very uncomfortable silence in the forest. The hairs on the back of the neck rise, and thee feeling of unease grows.



Something is coming. Something large. Bursting through the brush, comes crashing an all-black boar. It's no normal boar - it's almost twice the size of a normal boar, the creature snorting and pawing at the ground as it glares at the party, towards the Archlector in particular, as if challenging her for her prayers.

Ophelia aims an arrow at a turkey and just barely misses in favor of Arcadia's shot. "Ohhhh, did you see that!?" she says with a laugh, bouncing a little next to Robyn. She didn't make the kill shot, but is still /excited/ that the bird is very much /dead./ "What?" Robyn whispers something in her ear and soon the pair are off to tend to some business at the Lodge of Petrichor, making their respectful farewells to Archlector Brigida and Prince Artur as they both depart.

Robyn, an artful archeress, 2 House Velenosa Guards, Castanea, a black mare with purple livery with foxes leave, following Ophelia.

Glancing towards Zoey, Martino's lips curl slight as he murmurs hushed to her in reassurance. "Next one... next one I'll point it out for you first" His hands remain tucked behind his lower back, still a sigh in his breath that likely annoys the trained hunters. But then that is turned away in a distraction as a boat crashes on through the brush and begins to charge in.

Amari completely whiffs another attempt at the Tom flapping out of the brush. Not that she seems upset, more concerned about her stockinged foot getting soaked through. It seems a good time to prop her bow agains the tree next to her so she can go back to balancing on one foot to get her boot back on. "Don't eat it, River. No." She cautions the bloodhound still snuffling at the dead turkey. Once boot is on, she stamps her foot and launches herself into a jog that brings her up to the kill. "No, it's dead. Back, back." She says to both the giant dogs, as Barf has naturally followed her. When they're standing clear, she looks down upon the poor turkey, and says, "Thank you, Petrichor for your blessings and the bounty of your forest."



Then all the crashing and smashing begins in earnest. Barf growls a low warning, and Amari straightens, ears perked and arrow being smoothly nocked.

Marian swears under her breath as the turkeys take off. She tries for one of the ones in the middle but her aim isn't true. She misses her mark with causes the warrior princess to shake her head. She even laughs at herself as Arcadia who she gave a quick challenge to before this next round make her mark on the turkey she was going for. She makes a point of giving a flourished bow to her to wish her well on her kill.



Then the boar rushes in and creates a commotion, appearing to target the Archlector. Marian doesn't even hestitate, she's going to try to get between the boar and Brigida.

Otho looks up sharply at the boar, and sprints -- faster than most would expect from a man of his age -- for the nearest tree to put between him and it.

Kaia's eyes fill with excitement as she manages to take a bird down, but then the small brief moment of celebration comes to an end at the sight of the huge boar. Eyes going wide with worry "Oh...shit."

Merek looks to the boar while he slings his bow up, with a shift to draw a black spear which he twirls about, tools suited much more to hunting boar than the bow is likely.

Zoey's eyes go wide. The boar is enormous! And what was someone saying earlier about being gored? She nocks another arrow and takes aim, but she is ready to drop and run if it comes her way.



Ember raises her bow once, twice, three times in quick succession, looking for a shot at the turkeys she feels confident about -- and never quite finds it, and before long enough arrows have been loosed that she decides to simply save it. Then, the boar arrives, and finally, the Bloody Baroness seems stirred -- to drop her bow entirely and dash to put herself between the boar and the Archlector. Does she plan to wrestle a wild hog with her bare hands? Or simply scoop the Archlector up in a princess-carry to try and move her to a better-defended position? Spoilers: it's the latter.

Arcadia follows Marian's lead, but instead of charging, she immediately readies her crossbow again.

Merek looks to the side, "Arrows aren't great for boar hunting," he offers to people nocking arrows, "Unless you get a good shot, it's easier to use spears."

Looking from Oswald to the other boar, the darker, wilder specimen, Willow goes very still, edging in a few steps but by no means rushing or crowding.

Marian checked dexterity + brawl at difficulty 15, rolling 22 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked dex(3) + athletics(4) at difficulty 22, rolling 2 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 27 higher.

Arcadia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 28 higher.

Fiora checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

Amari checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 28 higher.

Zoey checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 67 higher. Zoey rolled a critical!

Kaia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 24 higher.

Hearing Merek, Martino reaches to his left side with his right hand and winces for a moment as there is still a bruise from where he lost yesterday. "Mm... you are right good Knight!" Up, he draws the sword upright and stands guard to the side of both Kaia and Zoey as they ready their bows.

Brigida says, "s widen at the sight of the boar and her knuckles whiten as she squeezes her staff tightly. Aletta and Keski are waved back by the Archlector who is acutely aware just how dangerous this creature is. The Archlector is NOT one to be handled like so by anyone and as Ember attempts to shift her, the stubborn Archlector attempts to stand her ground... after all it is keeping the boar on a simple path for now."

Martino wields Southport Crimson Steel Spatha.

Artur GM Roll checked dex(3) + athletics(4) at difficulty 27, rolling 16 higher.

The boar gores Marian's side with its fearsome tusks. 20 inflicted and Marian is unharmed.

Brigida checked command + intimidation at difficulty 15, rolling 48 higher.

Ember checked strength + athletics at difficulty 15, rolling 16 higher.

Otho stares wide-eyed at Brigida, the boar, and Marian. He breathes heavily, though the sprint wasn't long enough to leave him winded. He is hugging the tree tightly, though his feet seem poised to resume flight.

Merek is gored by boar. 53 inflicted and Merek is unharmed.



Ember's attempt to sweep up Brigida -- no time to explain! -- stops in its tracks. Perhaps there IS time to explain, after all. When Brigida gives Ember an icy stare, Ember looks right into it. Her brow furrows harder, and she remains mid-motion, as if she'd simply paused herself in the middle of attempting to grab up Brigida. There's a good second where Brigida and Ember are just looking into each other's eyes in their particular steely ways like a pair of real weirdos, and then Ember relaxes. It's as if an entire conversation happened that no one else was privy to. "Fine," the Baroness says. "Forgive me for my zeal, Archlector." Then Ember turns and watches the boar's tusks go at various people. "Please keep yourself away from its sharper bits," Ember says over her shoulder to Brigida. "You ARE rather needed by society at large." Then Ember moves in, to join the group in attempting to wrestle the boar into submission.

Artur GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(4) at difficulty 27, rolling 15 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(4) at difficulty 28, rolling 0 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(4) at difficulty 26, rolling 3 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(4) at difficulty 28, rolling 19 higher.

Artur GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(4) at difficulty 67, rolling 29 lower.

Artur GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(4) at difficulty 24, rolling 1 lower.

Merek skillfully spins his spear while he launches at the boar with it, though it only manages to clean along the side while he begins to position to slow the boar down a little more directly. Which is to say he is slammed into with a tusk rolling him upwards. His armor begins to shear along the leathers while the tusk scratches along skin, then he's rolling atop the boar along back to try and catch the flank while he's rolled into the ground also.

Marian is almost trambled by the boar that's far too large for Marian to wrestle to the ground. She winces as the boar's tusk rips into her leather vest, but luckily it managed to stop it from tasting flesh. She rolls to the side and then pulls out her sword, getting her bearings from that hard hit as others move in to try to stop the beast.

The boar /barrels/ over those that are between it and the Archlector, knocking aside both Merek and Marian as the massive creature rushes towards Brigida. It shrugs off most of the arrows that slam into it, but Zoey's brings it down, causing the boar to crash to the ground and slide before a second arrow slams into it.



The creature rises again, however, and turns to the Archlector, staring at her for the longest of moments, before the massive creature gives a /snort/ at her, and then turns to run off, trailing blood and ripping into the underbrush. It's clearly wounded, but not dead. But is the party in any shape to go hunting after it, or is it better to just let that boar go for now?

Seeming rather nonchalant about this whole giant boar thing, Fiora takes a quiet sigh. Wandering through the grass to take cover beside a tree. A shot is taken with a quick thwip. In tandem with the other arrows peppering the beasts hide she watches as it begins to run off. There's a roll of her eyes as she starts to wander towards the underbrush where it toook offf.

Brigida checked composure at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

At this, Willow pats herself down, looking in the folds of her cloak after a glance around. No boar, no turkey, and no time to waste before she needs to start getting ready, for the meeting this afternoon. So she waves at all the appropriate people and starts trekking back toward the city on foot, whistling.

Marian doesn't immediately give chase to the boar as it flees to the underbrush. She sheathes her sword now that the danger has passed and then looks to Merek to make sure he's fine since he also took a hit. She then turns solemn eyes to the archlector, waiting for her wishes.

Merek looks up to the sky, his hand pressing the ground so he can settle up to stand, picking up his sleek spear also to sheath it back into place. He then winces a bit while he begins to roll his shoulders, wiping away blood from the scratches that because of extremely well made armor did not pierce skin further than a scratch along his front. He gives Marian a thumbs up, he's alright.

Amari's bowstring twangs and the arrow she looses arcs and thunks meatily into the boar as it charges by. She pivots with it, squaring herself for another shot as Marian and Merek are thrown aside. It seems at first that Zooey has put it down, so she holds patiently. When it begins to stir again, Barf gives a growl and River starts baying as though she's going to take a run at it, so she's distracted when it flees trying to keep them from giving chase. "Stay! You'll get yourselves gored to death chasing that thing." When they stop looking quite so antsy, she looks around, checking on Brigida and looking naturally to Marian. "Is everyone alright? Should we pursue it?"

Arcadia brushes her blonde hair from her eyes and exhales softly. Glancing to Zoey, she compliments her, "Good shot."



Ember spares a glance at the assembled boar-fighters who took hits -- no one seems dead, no one's insides are on the outside, okay, good, perfect -- and joins Fiora in moving towards where the boar attempted its escape. She pauses when Amari cries out 'Stay!' and then realizes she's speaking to her animals. And so, Ember pursues, because she has no master to advise her about how bad of an idea it is.

Brigida allows herself a long, slow breath after the long stare with the huge boar, her knuckles still white around her staff. She closes her eyes as it leaves and a close observer may note just the slightest of trembles from the Archlector.



"Let him go. He was a reminder from Petrichor that while we hunt in his domain and live as masters in the areas we settle, the Forest Lord is the true lord of these parts." Her head snaps up at Ember moving to pursue and she almost screams out, "Let him go!"

"Thank you, Countess." Zoey hears Brigida's words, but is unconvinced. Still, she makes no move to give chase.

Agreeing - deferring to Brigida, Artur moves, barring Ember from leaving - if he has to, he'll pull the woman back by the waist. "Lady Malvici!" he calls out to Fiora, trying to get her to come back. "We're returning to the Lodge!"

Marian shakes her head to Amari when she asks if they should pursue it. She gives a bow to the archlector's words and gives a murmured prayer to Petrichor for his blessings. Then sensing her time to leave is near, she strides off, looking thoughtful.

Artur is overheard praising Brigida: Never Boar'd When She's Around.

Ender, a Silver Gyrfalcon, Ursa, 2 Redrain Guards leave, following Marian.

Fiora is moving slowly. Looking to the tracks that the boar leaves. The Malvici glances up as Ember joins her, tucking her head into a little nod. "Will go to a den probably. To heal." The woman slowly looks up to Brigida yelling before looking over to Ember. "Your mother?" Whether order from Brigida or Artuer, Fiora does not move from where she is, leaning down to examine the trail of blood the boar left behind.



Ember is given pause by Brigida's words -- and while she's turning her head to take them in, Artur's hand around her waist. She does stop, with a silent nod towards Brigida, and then a glance downward to the arm around her. She looks at it for a moment, then turns her eyes toward Artur: "Hardly the time, Your Highness." Completely deadpan.

Willow is overheard praising Brigida: Go go Battle Biddy! Golden Rose of badass.



Ember also asides to Fiora, to answer her question: "Mothers could never hope to command their children so efficiently as the Archlector does the likes of us," sotto voice.

Zoey keeps her eyes on the forest, especially in the direction the boar went. "Kaia, come closer please."

"You'd have to actually show an interest first, Baroness." Artur deadpans back, releasing Ember that she's not going trapsing off after the boar on some blood quest. He sigh, and shakes his head. "We'll regroup at the Lodge." There's an apologetic glance to Brigida at what has happened, as if not sure what to do.

Hearing the gathered crowd decide where next, Martino slides back down his steel spatha and winces for a moment at the ache in his right side from that, "Mm. Well, Kaia. I think there was a turkey you snared there? For your cooks it will go?"

There's a little roll of her eyes, Fiora does not move to go with the group. Though she doesn't out and out pursue the boar she does fiddle around with the brush, examining the blood trail and the wreckaged path the massive boar took.



"It's not my responsibility to teach you how to read," Ember murmurs back to Artur as he lets go, but there seems to be a more wry tone to it than her usual grimness.

Martino is overheard praising Kaia: She shot a turkey down, woosh!

Kaia who had been somewhat uncounciously stepping forward towards where the boar had dissapeared to, was suddenly called back to attention by Zoey. Coming to a pause and glancing at her sister, she nodded and began on her way over to both her and Martino. A bit of a small grin directed torwards her lover. "I did! It seems we shall have a dinner to host for both family and friends after all.~"

Martino is overheard praising Artur: Organised us going out into the woods and we came back mostly in one piece

Brigida runs a hand over her mouth before she nudges Oswald with her leg, the brave fat little boar having stayed by her side the whole time, "Come along Oswald. Come along. We'll get you your dinner back at the Lodge." As the Archlector turns to leave she looks over her shoulder at the forest before bowing her head again, humbled by the events just past.



Back to list