Skip to main content.

Written By Sina

June 17, 2018, 1:25 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Aleksei

Blessed Aleksei will be sorely missed within the Faith. He has been a guiding influence in my life. I hope that he finds peace on whatever new path lies before him. To leave the Faith from such a high position within its ranks... it must have been important.

Written By Calaudrin

June 17, 2018, 1:19 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

I stepped down as an officer in the Explorers because I'm too busy with the Iron Guard- but shit, does that not seem all that big in the grand scheme of things this week.

Written By Preston

June 17, 2018, 1:18 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Aleksei

I don't know what the reasons are, nor do I care. You took a heavy burden to help the Faith, and were willing to give your life to it. Whatever has drawn you away, I am sure is important. After your penance, you will always be a welcome guest at the Templar compound and I will always wish for you the very best.

Written By Marius

June 17, 2018, 1:18 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Jordan

Are you claiming that the leader of an organization's actions does not reflect upon the organization? What a novel idea.

Written By Marius

June 17, 2018, 1:16 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

As with many others, the recent proclamation has brought me some thoughts. While some seem to be in uproar about it, it has brought me mostly confusion.

The word chosen by the Dominus was renounce. To renounce shamanism and it's traditions. This to me would indicate a complete and utter disavowing of the spirits. Is that the line that is drawn? Can you acknowledge the spirits exists, yet devote yourself solely to the Gods and it will still be fine under this 'renouncement'? Is it the act of speaking to the spirits that makes you ineligible for discipleship? At which point is the acknowledgement of the spirits too much for any one to be allowed to be a disciple?

I also note that if this is now a hard line of complete renouncement, I would have expected to see a significantly larger portion of the Faith doing so or leaving their service, including several that has been clarifying this proclamation in the whites since.

Written By Sparte

June 17, 2018, 12:58 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

After some difficult consideration of the tasks I've taken on and the duties I carry, I have decided I need to step away from the Arvum Philosophical society, better known as The Salon.

I wish the organization success and growth, and I hope it becomes what I envisioned for it. Yet getting behind a group to push only goes so far if even the members don't feel it should be something greater. I will invest my efforts elsewhere.

Written By Arik

June 17, 2018, 12:55 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

It is my understanding the challenged sets terms of the duel in the old traditional way of such things.

Written By Belladonna

June 17, 2018, 12:42 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Reigna

That was a very well-worded reply, and one that has actually given me something more to think about. You have made your point well Countess... or is it Marquessa now? Admittedly, my social followings have been less ardent of late. In either case, thank you for giving me something more to chew on before making a new conclusion.

Written By Victus

June 17, 2018, 12:36 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

If stoats and weasels are meant to be two different things, why the fuck do they look the same?

Written By Reigna

June 17, 2018, 12:33 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Belladonna

I have purposely waiting to speak about the issue that has been tearing through the Whites these last few days until I could organize my thoughts into something cogent and cohesive. And then the Legate Orazio went and said everything I possibly could have in his eloquent way, with far more effectiveness and authority than I could muster. Still, as my devotion to Vellichor, I will add my thoughts to this topic.

No where in the statement made by the Dominus did he call for the cessation of belief by shamans across the board. No where did he imply there would be condemnation or persecution for those that hold to their beliefs. What he did call for, was for those whose chosen duty it is, to speak for the Faith, to teach others about it, under the employ of the Faith, that their hearts be devout to the gods alone. I fail to understand why this concept is so very difficult to accept. If you choose to work for the Faith, you must embrace it completely, utterly.

That is what it means to have *Faith*. It is beyond belief. It does not require proof. If you are of the Faith you believe completely in its teachings and its principles.

Now, some have taken the Dominus' words to an extreme that requires clear correction. Specifically I speak to the words of Belladonna Pravus, who wrote:

"What is worrisome is that the Faith is now dictating who can and cannot help those in need based upon that idea of right and wrong. The Scholars, the Mercies, these organizations will suffer with the loss of those who -rightly- refuse to step away from the ideological path that is right -for them- and thus are made to step away. I, for one, cannot understand why it matters so much if the person I look to for help in finding an obscure reference to a fabric blend from 300 years ago believes wholly in Vellichor or if they feel that the spirits of the world are also entities to be acknowledged."

Because a person cannot be a disciple does not mean they are barred from helping their fellows. No one is denied entry to the Archives to read journals or seek knowledge. No one is being denied the ability to take lessons or learn, or offer their knowledge to others, to participate in the spread of information that Vellichor grants us all. They just cannot hold the title of Scholar of Vellichor if they are not fully dedicated to the Faith. That is all that it is. A title. Because, and this is a very firm point, upon which I have stood, and will continue to stand upon: Titles are supposed to *mean* something. They are earned and must be worked for. They cannot simply be given with no thought or sacrifice unless they are to be meaningless. To be a Disciple is to be, as the Legate of Concepts so eloquently put it, a guidepost and light of the Faith. To be of the Faith is to believe, fully and completely. Whole heartedly.

A healer who feels that unique call to mend the bodies of their fellows, to ease suffering and combat the spread of plague and malady is not barred from treating whoever they seek to aid. They just cannot hold the title of Mercy. The Physicians Guild of Arx is a place to come if you want to share your skills and have a system of support that is secular in nature. Come and speak to me, I am always searching for more physicians to see to the health of our people. ALL our people.

Yes, Skald sacrificed to ensure we all have a choice. But he also told us to embrace the consequences of those choices. That is the part that people seem to ignore, and that tends to make me tut and shake my head. You can choose any path before you, but the results of that choice cannot be dismissed because you do not like them. You cannot fly in the face of tradition and then bemoan and wail the censure you receive. Actions will always have consequences and if you try to shrug out of them, it makes your choice meaningless. Choice is sacrifice.

Written By Tynan

June 17, 2018, 12:31 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Thena

You will need an open bar too at this rate.

Written By Cedric

June 17, 2018, 12:29 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

The acids from food crumbs, whether dry or tainted with saliva, will hasten the decaying process on papyrus and paper. I would recommend no snacking in the archive - much like there is no snacking allowed in the library at the Ashford House.

Excepting the Duke, of course, who may snack where he wishes in the house. But he does not drop crumbs.

Written By Edward

June 17, 2018, 12:24 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

What the great Legate means, Lord Redtydem is that the Faith aren't directly saying the Prodigals have to give up their shamanistic ways, just indirectly that the Prodigals have to accept the subjugation of their culture to what the Faith feels it should be to be acceptable to be members of the Compact- which requires that it give up their shamanistic ways.

Why this is a surprise to anyone is beyond me.

Written By Kenna

June 17, 2018, 12:23 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Thena

I'll bring some pie. It can be a pot luck!

Written By Rinel

June 17, 2018, 12:19 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Please do not eat while reading the Journals. Or any of our books.

Or books in general. Or scrolls. It's safe to eat while reading stone tablets.

But not rubbings.

Written By Riagnon

June 17, 2018, 12:19 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Belladonna

That's exactly where she's from!

-Oh, dear. Being sent outside! Not supposed to have brought the snacks in with me, evidently!

Written By Fredrik

June 17, 2018, 12:14 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Thena

From: the Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Snacks

Although I am unable to attend due to duties and meetings, I am sending along a fruit and cheese platter and a couple bottles of my finest rum for all who do wish to enjoy this. Not to diminish the gravity of the situation at all, of course. But the flurry of back and forths and heated discussions? Excellent, in many ways. Absolutely terrible in others.

Written By Thena

June 17, 2018, 12:07 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

If anyone would like to enjoy free snacks while reading today’s Whites, I have had a spread set up in Solace Square.

Fine, Scholar. I /guess/ they can just eat them outside.

Written By Rinel

June 17, 2018, 12:06 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

While I grieve for the loss of so many talented scholars, I cannot but praise the Dominus for his wisdom in this matter. I pray these restrictions will guide the errant children of the Compact deeper within the Faith.

Written By Belladonna

June 17, 2018, 12:02 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Rhea

Have you... have you ever heard anything at all about me? Truly? Is this your first experience? How droll.

Let me assure you, my people are well aware of my actions. They are also well aware that I will continue to provide for them, as I have done, through all the scandals that have touched this House. We are not called the 'Sins', for nothing.

And.. aren't you from one of those minor Nightgold branches that nobody heard anything about until you got into so much trouble that you were being sent away to some remote place where you couldn't damage your family's reputation anymore? And yet.. here you are... auspiciously Marquessa to a dead House left behind by a Prince. A -Lycene- Prince, I might add. How amusing that you're attempting to proselytize to -anyone- on proper behavior.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry