Skip to main content.

Bonespire Mammoth Hunt

It is time for the famed Bonespire Mammoth Hunt. A call has been put out for only the bravest and most skilled hunters and outdoorsman to hunt down the massive beast known as the mammoth. I can take two more for this, maybe three. If you can make this time, let me know. First come, first serve. There is a risk of harm and perhaps death depending on the decisions the group makes(you're hunting a MAMMOTH). This event is heavily slanted towards woodsy, survivalist types.

Date

Nov. 5, 2019, 7 p.m.

Hosted By

Fiora

GM'd By

Fiora

Participants

Rysen Arcadia Thea Volcica Kaia

Organizations

Location

Outside Arx - Northlands near Whitehold - Northern Forests

Largesse Level

Small

Comments and Log


Doot doot.

Rysen checked intellect + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 34 higher.

Volcica checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Arcadia checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 87 higher. Arcadia rolled a critical!

Thea checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Kaia checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 28 higher.

Only a day has passed and already it feels like it has been an age since they set out from Bonespire.



The cold is one thing, but no one came to Bonespire thinking they weren't going to be constantly freezing. The wind, the frost, the constant exertion in pushing forward. It saps at the bones and drains at the heart. Were people ever truly meant to live in such a place?



The first few hours are taken with high expectation and even more bountiful enthusiasm. A mammoth! A beast of legend! It truly is an exciting proposition. About six hours later when all they have found is flat bleak landscape full of frost and rocks, spirits start to dampen slightly.



The guides provided by Bonespire seem somewhat impervious to this. What's better still is the company of the yelping pups that lead the dog sleds. They're going to need to drag back some awfuly heavy chunks of meat, after all, and what better way to do so than with a team of huskies and malamutes.



On the first day, Rysen keeps watch on their supplies, indicating what can be used when and when everyone is allowed to eat. Arcadia is just about to take another piece of dried fish when she sees Rysen raising his gaze over to her. No more!



However, perhaps Arcadia should get that fish after all. After that second break perhaps the desire to earn her seconds drove her forward. Because it's Arcadia that calls out and alerts everyone of tracks. Not just tracks. The tracks are huge and plentiful, eventually Arcadia determines it likely isn't a herd. But a family perhaps? Perhaps! The huge prints in the snow and mud are old, it's a miracle Arcadia even found them. Volcica and Thea actually looked in the very spot they are, but once Arcadia pointed the tracks out, it's hard /not/ to see. This is definitely their quarry, and they have found a trail already.



Hey, maybe this won't go terribly!

Carefully portioning out the provisions, Rysen leans on the tactics and principles taught to him by Lord Arik. The rations are slim, but, considering the conditions, the caution seems worth it. He travels with the goods for the most part, and though the majority of his body is covered against the cold, a true shine of excitement flashes in his grey eyes when Arcadia and the other hunters discover the tracks.

Volcica checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Rysen checked intellect + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 2 lower.

Arcadia practically bounces around like a hyperactive puppy "Mammoths!" She reaches into the pack and steals another bit of dried fish. Munching loudly, she points towards the tracks. "Maybe two or three. Not sure how far away they are."

Arcadia checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

Kaia checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 56 higher.

Thea checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 57 higher.

The very very Southerner is bundled, her head covered from the elements, but she can see the footprints,"Those prints are...huge. Have you ever seen one up close?"looking to the northern's. Well mostly Arcadia. Volcica she knows probably has.

Volcica reaches out to pat Arcadia on the head, like she's just a big puppy herself. "Ooh, good!" She's dressed for the weather, and seems about as used to it as their guides. In fact, she appears to be loving it! "Hopefully we'll catch up to them soon."

Amid the excitement of finding the mammoth tracks, Rysen loses sight of the discipline so prised by Northland hunters. Like Thea, he is amazed by the size of the tracks, and though he has seen the skeletons of mammoths from the Everwinter among the tribes of Abandoned near Stormwall, he has seen a herd only once when traveling with Grodin in his youth. The hunters eat well for that day in celebration, to the detriment of prudence and their chances of survival if they should lose the trail.

Kaia would be simply chewing on some salted dried meat, while walking alongside the others -bundled in her furs quite comfortably. The Crownlander would be keeping an eye out for prints, but she had never been this far north. What did mammoth prints even looked like?

Eventually after marveling over the tracks, the party makes camp. And so ends the first day, full of hope, exuberance, and maybe some fleas. There are a lot of dogs.



The next day comes quick, and the party sets out anew. Perhaps it's the excitement from the day before. Maybe Rysen is feeling generous. Maybe things just got away from him. Supplies seem to dwindle quite a bit more on the second day. But hey, maybe it's not such a big deal. They seem to be making tremendous progress. Following the tracks, occasionally they seem to lose them only to find them moments later.



It's the Malvici and the Malvici-to-be that keep them on their fast pace, pointing out the continued indents in the mud and snow. Though eventually both Thea and Kaia hold the party up on the second day. More tracks. And not just mammoths, apparently. Human tracks, falling in line with the mammoths. Another hunting party? Then there are even smaller tracks. Paw prints. Wolves, more than likely. Suddenly this bleak wasteland seems very crowded.



But. Wolves are in the area. Perhaps attracted by all the fuss these people-tracks may have made.

Arcadia has fallen in behind Volcica, happy to let the southerner and to-be southerner lead. She's munching on an apple that Rysen so generously gave out and watching Vola. "I swear, I think I've seen you smile more in the last day than the year I've known you Vola." She pauses after a bit and looks at the wolf tracks and frowns faintly. She makes sure that her crossbow and quiver are well stocked and ready. Just in case.

"I'm really not sure why you find that surprising." Volcica looks to Cady, and then back out to the frozen wilderness. She might be letting the Malvicis track, but she's still keeping an eye out for trouble!

Thea checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Rysen checked intellect + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 0 higher.

"Oh, I think there's more prints these way!" calls out Kaia, from nearby, before coming to a stop. Some of the prints appearing to be more familiar to the Crownlander. "Uh...I think there might be something else nearby...wolves...and humans." she states, before pulling her alaricite bow off her shoulders and taking an arrow from her quiver to ready it.

Kaia checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 16 higher.

Volcica checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 22 higher.

Arcadia checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 18 higher.

"That's ominous," comes Rysen's muffled voice to Kaia from beneath his hood. "My vote is to stay on the mammoth. It's what we came here for, and it's a sacred tradition for the people of Bonespire, from what I understand. It may be that we come across other hunters or wolves on that trail, but our supplies are limited, and I rather come back with mammoth then any number of wolves."

Volcica checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 60, rolling 9 lower.

Kaia wields a precious alaricite bow.

Kaia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 50, rolling 12 lower.

Arcadia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 50, rolling 4 lower.

Volcica checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 24 lower.

Kaia checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 18 higher.

Arcadia checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 13 higher.

Arcadia shushes Rysen and logically tells Rysen, "If there are wolves, we won't find mammoths." She reaches into her pack and this time puts some salted beef between her teeth.

On the third day, it's rather lonely tracking for Thea. Some progress is made, but it's minimal. There are still people-prints, there are still mammoth prints. Perhaps they're getting closer, but it's hard for her to tell.



Rysen's warnings to stay FOCUSED are unheeded and the ladies go out to slay. They do come upon the wolves eventually. It would be good to at least kill one, teach them a lesson, not to get to close to their expedition. Unfortunately, the wolves don't allow the hunters to get too close. The arrows are long range shots. And throwing a javelin is almost impossible. None of them get their targets and the wolves may yet prove to be a hinderance on another day. But the hunters eventually sally back to the expedition. Though Volcica has difficulty with the heightened pace, Arcadia and Kaia are able to physically help her get back to the party without slowing anyone down. But it does take a lot out of her.

On the third day, it's rather lonely tracking for Thea. Some progress is made, but it's minimal. There are still people-prints, there are still mammoth prints. Perhaps they're getting closer, but it's hard for her to tell.



Rysen's warnings to stay FOCUSED are unheeded and the ladies go out to slay. They do come upon the wolves eventually. It would be good to at least kill one, teach them a lesson, not to get to close to their expedition. Unfortunately, the wolves don't allow the hunters to get too close. The arrows are long range shots. And throwing a javelin is almost impossible. None of them get their targets and the wolves may yet prove to be a hinderance on another day. But the hunters eventually sally back to the expedition. Though Volcica has difficulty with the heightened pace, Arcadia and Kaia are able to physically help her get back to the party without slowing anyone down. But it does take a lot out of her.

10 inflicted and Volcica is harmed for minor damage.

Thea takes a bite of dry fish, wondering about the people prints. Whose are they? She keeps moving though, even if it IS quiet.

Volcica quiet thanks are offered to Kaia and Arcadia for the assistance, arriving more than a bit out of breath when they return to the group. The cold doesn't seem to be bothering her, at least. It's the hustle back.

"Alright...that may have been a wrong call. We should have probably listened to Rysen." comments Kaia, as they walk back empty handed. By the time they reach the party she offers a slightly embarrased smile. "Well, we didn't get any - but, I think we scared them?" she tells Rysen and Thea. "Can I have something to eat plase? I'm starving!"

Volcica checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 21 higher.

Kaia checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 84 higher. Kaia rolled a critical!

Arcadia checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Rysen laughs, steam rising from the space within his hood. "You think wolves attack mammoths, or scare them off, Countess?" He offers Arcadia a meager portion of dried meat.



Later when party returns, Rysen has been more attentive to the division of rations. At Kaia's request, he offers her Volcica and Thea a fair portion to eat and refresh themselves.

Thea checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 29 higher.

Rysen checked intellect + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 37 higher.

Arcadia has probably snuck her fair share of snacks for the day, but that doesn't stop her. "I'm not sure. But wolves are always a bad sign." She nods thrice to herself.

"Can't argue with you there," mutters Rysen under his breath, standing beside the countess, gazing into the vast expanse of snow, and clouds.

The fourth day is spent mostly with Rysen not looking smug at all. Does he look smug? No definitely not. Maybe a little. It's hard to tell with all this frost everywhere. It's a quiet smug day for most of the day, occasionally picking up the trail. It's quiet until....



Lady Kaia Bisland has wandered off from the rest of the group. Peering down at the snow eventually she cries out, spinning around to face the group.

"Mammoths!!!" cries out the little lioness.



One of the mammoths has split off from the rest of the group.



The human tracks are still behind the other group of mammoth tracks, while one mammoth, perhaps slightly smaller than the others, goes off by itself.

Arcadia immediately perks and bounds up to Kaia's side. "Mammoths!? " She squeals girlishly, "Oh isn't it super adorable and so cute!"

"We should go after the one, I think." Volcica looks to the others, but she's fairly firm on her own suggestion!

Arcadia nods in agreeance. "It's smaller and no human tracks."

Rysen rushes to Kaia's side. He places a congratulatory hand on her shoulder, if she'll allow him, and gazes off in the direction of the tracks leading away from the pack. The Crovane lord nods to Volcica. "I agree. No sense getting involved with another hunting party if we can avoid it. Even a smaller mammoth would be worthy game."

Thea actually agrees, but then asks"Why would it go off by itself?"rushing over to Kaia's side.

"Yes. That does sound like the best plan. We may actually have a chance at getting it. Unlike those..." says Kaia, bobbing her head in the direction of the larger party of mammoth tracks.

What a good question. Says... no one.

"Sometimes they get seperated. We'll probably find the wolves near it, as well."

Volcica says.

"I'm not sure," says Rysen to Thea, "but it may be that it was young or frightened, or that the weather separated it from the others - but those other human tracks trouble me," he admits. "If we should come upon other hunters, they may attack, and if they're tracking a whole herd of mammoths, they might have an advantage over us in this terrain."

Kaia nods. "I say we listen to the northeners on this."

Arcadia shushes Rysen. Shush! "It'll be fine. Lets get that baby mammoth and go home." She glances to Rysen's pack. "How much longer can we track for?"

"Another two or three days," replies Rysen to Arcadia. "Which means we need to make it count. Are we agreed we should take a shot at this wayward mammoth? Ask the spirits and Petrichor for blessings, and try and bring it down?" he asks those around him.

Rysen checked mana + occult at difficulty 20, rolling 7 lower.

Volcica checked mana + occult at difficulty 20, rolling 83 higher. Volcica rolled a critical!

Volcica checked mana + theology at difficulty 20, rolling 19 higher.

When the decision is made to go after the lone mammoth, Volcica gathers the entire hunting party for a short little ritual. It isn't nearly as formal as a blessing from the Faith, but there's still a weight to it. "Spirits of the Everwinter, bless our hunt. I offer gifts now, and I will carve more from the mammoth's bones so that it always remains a part of this place. Lagoma light our path, Petrichor guide our feet, our weapons. We hunt to honour all of you, the Mammoth, and ourselves." Bone charms are scattered into the snow, each carved with different little symbols.

There's some shivering going up Kaia's spine, her teeth chattering as she speaks. "P-prayers w-would b-be nic-ce-ce." She notes, followed by a forced nod. Then, as Volcica begins to call on to the Spirits and the Gods for their blessings, she lowers her head in reverence, and shuts her eyes until the northener's words are culminated.

Moving to stand near Volcica, Rysen glances at the shaman of House Stahlben and shifts his feet. He takes a hand full of ice and says, "O spirits of the Northlands, who ever watch over the cycles of nature, please accept our otterlings, er, offings - gods and spirits - offerings!" He glances down, and chooses to listen respectfully to Volcica as she performs her prayers with sacred dignity and poise.

Thea has bowed her in respect as she listens to Volcica, her hood over her head. At the mention of otterlings however, she lifts her fractionally to Rysen. Seriously?

Arcadia presses her own fingers against her ring etched with those same symbols. She stares at Rysen. Staaaaaares. Before muttering in northland Shav.

Kaia checked composure at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Arcadia says in Northlands shav, "How does he even call himself a northerner?"

Kaia covers her mouth with one hand and does her best to contain the laughter after Rysen's faulty prayer.

With time taken to deliver an articulate prayer to spirits and Petrichor, and also to deliver the thing that Rysen does, the party eventually moves on, otterlings and all after the lone mammoth. As they press on, the sun starts to set. But on the horizon... It also appears a storm is moving in. A bad one from the looks of it. What makes matters worse, is that they have come to a very large, very frozen river. With the storm moving in they don't have a lot of time to be careful with the ice. It certainly can take the weight of some of them, but it will it be able to take all of them, dog sleds and everything? Unclear. But what is clear is that a choice will need to be made. To cross immediately, weather the storm, or retreat.



Or.. some other creative thing.

With time taken to deliver an articulate prayer to spirits and Petrichor, and also to deliver the thing that Rysen does, the party eventually moves on, otterlings and all after the lone mammoth. As they press on, the sun starts to set. But on the horizon... It also appears a storm is moving in. A bad one from the looks of it. What makes matters worse, is that they have come to a very large, very frozen river. With the storm moving in they don't have a lot of time to be careful with the ice. It certainly can take the weight of some of them, but it will it be able to take all of them, dog sleds and everything? Unclear. But what is clear is that a choice will need to be made. To cross immediately, weather the storm, or retreat.



Or.. some other creative thing.

Volcica checked mana + occult at difficulty 40, rolling 1 higher.

Coming to the frozen river, and seeing the approaching storm, Rysen frowns. "If that storm hits, we'll lose our tracks. It's risky, but I think we should cross as quickly as possible."

Volcica stares at the frozen river for a long moment, before stepping over to the edge and kneeling in the snow. Gloves are removed, and her bare hands are placed down onto the ice at the river's edge. "Yes, we should go. I'll ask the spirits to keep it strong for us, but we'll have to go quickly. Be ready." Volcica doesn't close her eyes, but she focuses on the ice and speaks softly. "Ice spirits, River spirits, we must cross. Take some of my warmth, turn it cold. Stay strong, until we're on the other side."

Thea eyes the lake and the northerners..sans Kaia. "I will leave this up to you all. I assume you know more about than I do..."hearing Volcica pray.

Kaia nods, still shivering, still hugging herself. "I'm all f-for f-following y-you n-northern fo-folk. This is //y-your// l-land, after all! Y-you know w-what's-s bes-st-t. L-lead on!~"

Rysen has rolled 1 100-sided dice: 22

Kaia has rolled 1 100-sided dice: 68

Thea has rolled 1 100-sided dice: 65

Volcica has rolled 1 100-sided dice: 72

Arcadia has rolled 1 100-sided dice: 76

When the party begins to cross the ice, it seems Volcica's spirits come through. The river seems to hold for the most part. Though at one point Rysen hears a distinct /crrraaack/ under his foot. The dogs make it across okay though. Eventually the party including Rysen do as well. It's a mad dash now, the storm is closing in. The tracks are clear, they have to rush.

Arcadia checked charm + animal ken at difficulty 30, rolling 11 higher.

Rysen checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 7 higher.

Kaia checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 2 lower.

Volcica checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 17 lower.

Thea checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 7 higher.

Arcadia immediately slides into one of the sleighs. Having spent all year feeding Finn bacon, she totally bribes these dogs with treats too and scurries off with them and the supplies, leaving the others on feet.

As the storm and the cracking ice present the need for alacrity, Rysen sprints across the ice with his black mantle flowing in the rising winds behind him.

20 inflicted and Kaia is harmed for minor damage.

20 inflicted and Volcica is harmed for minor damage.

All that running Thea does, well...she's putting it to use. As the storm comes closer, Thea sprints across the ice, cold. Her breath fogging in front of her.

As the wind picks up significantly, it begins to get difficult to keep ahead. Some are able to outrun the coming storm by just a hair while othes find more difficulty. Both Kaia and Volcica go down, the former catching her ankle in some sort of pothole and the latter being driven off balance by an extraordinary gust of wind. The pair of them struggle to their feet, fighting against the bitter cutting winds as hail begins to pelt against them. Luckily. A haven. A cave not too far off. The small group scrambles for the cave entrance and take temporary refuge from the howling winds the the furious snows.



For a few moments all they can hear is their own panting and the screeching winds. Looking around, making sure they're all still there. Eventually it seems they can take refuge here until...



Deeper in the caverns they hear the desperate bleating of some creature. Some large creature. The dogs all begin to growl in chorus.

The sounds coming from within the cavern, cause Rysen to quickly drop to a knee and remove his lantern, striking his copper ember sticks to ignite it, and holding it in front of him, while drawing Moria, his rune-etched bastard sword in his right hand.

Volcica trips, stumbles and drags her way across the river, all the while murmuring prayers to the spirits and the gods. She scrambles inside, taking a moment to catch her breath.

Rysen gets Lagoma's Holy Flame from Holster of Knightly Necessity.

Rysen gets a set of copper ember sticks from Holster of Knightly Necessity.

Rysen wields Moria - a rune-etched bastard sword.

Volcica wields Spirits' Journey, a rubicund spear.

Arcadia jumps to her feet. Her hands unsling her crossbow and she readies a shot.

"Ow...my ankle...I think I may need some tending before continuing." she admits. A glance given to Thea. Then, there's the bleating, and Rysen lighting up a flame. "Oh...could that be the baby mammoth?" she wonders. "Would it even fit in here?" she muses, while taking a glance around. "What sound do mammoths even do?!" she futher ponders.

Thea already takes out her kopis to ready herself, hearing Kaia aside. "Very well...I will see what I can do. I have essentials in my satchel." Always prepared..not surprising...

The lantern light reveals that this is a very large cavern, leading into tunnels that likely open into more caverns.

With no immediate danger, Rysen sheathes his sword, and instead opts to draw from his shoulder bag one of several blackwood hunting spears. Holding the lantern aloft, he turns back towards his companions and says in a low voice, "I'd like to see what's making that noise."

Rysen gets a carved blackwood spear with a steel head from a reinforced canvas shoulder bag with drawstring cords.

Rysen wields a carved blackwood spear with a steel head.

Kaia checked dexterity + stealth at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Thea checked intellect + medicine at difficulty 40, rolling 14 higher.

Volcica checked dexterity + stealth at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Arcadia bounces along ahead. Sneak sneak sneak. Suddenly she darts down a passage to the left. Ha! Leaving Rysen and Thea to deal with the injured.

Rysen decides not to move quietly. Which is good because even though Volcica and Kaia /do/ make that decision, they are just as noisy as he is. As they move through the tunnels, eventually the cavern opens up, and there across the cave from them. There it is. It can't be anything more than an adolescent but still is is a massive beast. Curved tusks and all. The young mammoth lets out another howling bleat, tucked against the wall. It seems, that there is a spear protruding from the beast.

Volcica follows closer to the back, trying to be quiet and letting the better hunters and fighters lead.

Something about the scene, after the prayer to Petrichor, and the spirits - and the fact that the animal is completely trapped with no chance whatsoever of escaping - brings and deep frown to Rysen's face. He moves slowly towards the animal, and his fingers flit around the shaft of his spear. He glances back towards Volcica, and says, "We actually have the rations to return. I must ask you: would this hunt be in the spirit of the people of Bonespire, My Lady?"

In the end, the healing supplies seem to only be enough for one; and, so it is decided that Volcica should be the one receiving more immediate tending. Which of course means Kaia slowly continues to make her way further - with her bow still in hand. Her eyes take in the hurt beast leaned against a wall and her eyes widen. "Well...we found one. Although, I don't know about you my lord and ladies...I feel we've come across a stolen kill?" she says, noting the spear. "Would this even count as //our// hunt?" she wonders.

Arcadia checked charm + animal ken at difficulty 50, rolling 11 lower.

Arcadia is a big old soft heart when it comes to injured animals. Her bow and arrows are quickly stowed and she takes a few cautious steps ahead. Her hands up peacefully. "Here. Little mammoth. Let me help you..." She decides with another few steps that she should try to talk mammoth to it instead. She begins to bleat, "Hellllllllloooo littlllllleee maaaaamoth. Leered mmmmmeeee heeelp yoooooou."

Arcadia checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 60, rolling 4 higher.

"The kill is still ours. We don't have the luxury of abandoning a hunt, like you do in the south." She nods towards Rysen. "The Everwinter, the Spirits and the Gods have provided. We should take it home."

Rysen nods to Volcica as Arcadia begins to approach the mammoth. "Wait, Cady! It's still an injured, wild ani~" Too late.

The mammoth looks down to Arcadia as she approaches slowly With her hand up. Perhaps the mammoth does not like being condescended, or perhaps it just doesn't like Arcadia's attitude because as the young woman approaches the mammoth, who is still very much a mammoth, is up on its feet and its tusks swing over at Arcadia. The beast lets out a roaring trumpet from its trunk as it barrels forward at the group proper.

Arcadia suddenly jumps up and does the most magnificent jump spin roll thing and lands on her feet. Ta-da! If they weren't about to be trampled it would be amazing. She instantly drops to her knee and whips out her bow. "You Bastard. Fine. See how you like me now."

Rysen checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 55 higher.

Arcadia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 21 higher.

Volcica checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 22 lower.

Kaia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 2 higher.

As the creature swings its tusks toward Arcadia, Rysen drops his holy lantern and launches his blackwood spear with all his might at the enraged mammoth.

Rysen checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 60, rolling 88 higher. Rysen rolled a critical!

The mammoth lets out another rage filled trumpet as arrows and spears begin to pelt it. A particularly hard blow draws the great beasts attention, causing it to charge at Rysen, swinging its massive tusks wildly--- Miss. Again. It starts to turn, lettingo ut another bleat.

Rysen drops a carved blackwood spear with a steel head.

Rysen wields Moria - a rune-etched bastard sword.

Rysen checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 110 higher. Rysen rolled a critical!

Arcadia wields sleek, detailed, wooden crossbow.

Arcadia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 55 higher. Arcadia rolled a critical!

Kaia checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 7 higher.

Volcica checked mana + occult at difficulty 15, rolling 41 higher.

Volcica checked mana + theology at difficulty 15, rolling 51 higher.

At the mammoth crashes towards him, Rysen rolls out of the way of its tusks. Using the technique taught to him by Harlex, Rysen sweeps his rune-etched sword from his belt and slashes along the side of the mammoth with the deadly black alaricite.

Rysen checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 60, rolling 6 lower.

Volcica moves back a bit, and just begins murmuring to the spirits and the gods. More prayers, certainly, for hunt and kill.

The mammoth lets out another bleat as it swings it's head towards the rolly polly Rysen, before starting to charge at Volcica. A bolt flies expertly from Arcadia's crossbow and plunges directly into the eye of the beast. Letting out a pain filled roar the mammoth turns and once again charges at Rysen, flinging its tusks in its half blinded state. Lowering, the mammoth clips Rysen with his tusk. Just as that alaricite slides up into its throat, creating a tremendous gout of blood that spurts out as the mammoth staggers back.



There are a few more enraged noises before the giant beast staggers and falls with a /thud/. And after a moment, everything goes quiet. Except Volcica is still praying.



Rysen is very messy now with blood. Both the mammoth's and his own.

Kaia on the other hand, simply stands back alongside Thea and Volcica -shooting a few arrows from afar for light minimum damage to the beast. Likely some tickles compared to the heavy blows and shots it was getting from the others.

90 inflicted and Rysen is harmed for moderate damage.

Rysen gets a carved blackwood spear with a steel head.

Rysen puts a carved blackwood spear with a steel head in a reinforced canvas shoulder bag with drawstring cords.

The hunt successful the party is eventually able to hack up the mammoth and load it up onto the dog sleds, they wait out the storm and are able to return. Being gone over the hunt for just over a week.



Back to list