Skip to main content.

Wyvernheart


Vassal of Wyrmguard

Words: "Trifle with us and test your resolve."
Sigil: A seated black mastiff in profile with a heart of blue flame.
Nickname: Bloody Mastiffs

To see a Steelhart smile was a rare thing, more commonplace are their somber frowns and cold eyes. While not Valardin's oldest vassal house, House Steelhart had served dutifully from the day they bent the knee to the Valardin kings of old. A history of warfare followed this House, against shavs, House Valardin's enemies, and tragically, even amongst themselves. Highhill Hounds was their chief export, a breed of mastiffs that are as large as wolves, known for their gentle attitude towards their masters and their fierceness in battle, earning the Steelharts their nickname. A unique tradition was found in Steelhart's lands, if one member of the House, soldier, knight, or family, draws their sword against another, they are honorbound to fight to the death. This had led to many civil skirmishes and at one point in ancient times, a bloody war.

The house was presumed to be completely destroyed by an Abandoned attack on Highhill in February of 1011 AR.

In the sixth month of 1013, Lords Richard and Drake and their sister, Lady Keira Wyrmguard restored the ruins of Highhill to their former glory, ushering in a new era and taking on the name Wyvernheart, with Richard accepting the mantle of Count.


Members

Name Rank Title Description
Drake 1 Count
Kiera 2 Voice
Richard 3 Noble Family
Amelie 3 Noble Family
Harrow 3 Noble Family
Thea 3 Noble Family

Ruler: Drake


Minister Category Title
Kiera Income Keeper of Books

Land Holdings

Highhill

Description: A large town overlooked by the Steeltower, Highhill was located on the bluffs of the Oathlands, west of the Telmarch and bordering the sea. House Steelhart had faced constant raids from shav pirates, and little fishing villages on the coast the bluffs overlook owed their protection to the rulers of the Highhill. The Steeltower itself was a tall single tower surrounded by walls reinforced with steel shields. It acted as a lighthouse during the night, and was easily seen from miles away.

The house was presumed to be completely destroyed by an Abandoned attack on Highhill in February of 1011 AR.

In the sixth month of 1013, Lords Richard and Drake and their sister, Lady Keira Wyrmguard restored the ruins of Highhill to their former glory, ushering in a new era and taking on the name Wyvernheart, with Richard accepting the mantle of Count.

After the reconstruction was complete, the Steeltower was replaced by the Palais Guivre, a stone and wood castle, as opposed to the harsher tower that it replaced. Indicative of the differing personalities of the new rulers, the new Palais Guivre is more inviting in appearance, while still functioning as a light house.

In the spring of 1014, Highhill's new stewards saw to the construction of a naval port for military movements. This naval base, Port de Falaise, is set into cliffs overlooking the sea and defended by the natural landscape. It is a convenient launchpoint to send forth Valardin forces for all points west.