Skip to main content.

Written By Ainsley

June 3, 2018, 12:27 p.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Calaudrin

Oh good, I left a pile of papers for you on your side of the desk. And a pile of papers for Silas on his side of the desk. Now I'm going to sleep for a full six hours.

Written By Lys

June 3, 2018, 12:11 p.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Cullen

Lord Cullen most certainly does possess the most magnificent beard in the compact! I hear it's soft as feather down as well!

Written By Calaudrin

June 3, 2018, 11:25 a.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Well, I'm back.

Written By Signe

June 3, 2018, 10:39 a.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Cassius

This was not the way I wished for you to know peace.

Written By Signe

June 3, 2018, 10:32 a.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Kaldur

When warmth returns to the south I must try cliff diving.

Written By Fredrik

June 3, 2018, 10:30 a.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

From: The Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: explanation of RedTyde and my status

There have been several people who have wondered on my name and status, and I decided that a White Journal writing might help to clear up a few things.

I was born Lord Fredrik RedTyde. I was not born a commoner, but the third son of the RedTyde house, a March under the Tyde banner. When the Tydes rebelled, it was the first casualty of the war. My entire family, along with my wife and three children, were killed. I am, as far as I know, the only true RedTyde left alive. I will not go into the intricate details of why that is, but suffice to say I was on a business family trip when the war began, and have since, for almost two decades, posed as a commoner merchant, because if I had not? I would have been killed.

It was only very recently that I felt reassured in the political environment enough to emerge again, bearing my true title. I am not a 'ward' of the House, I am their Minister of Coin, their advisor, a member of the Silver Consortium, Manager of the Empyrean, student of the Scholars, and many other things besides. I am more than capable, not a pity case, and add daily to my House.

And very soon? I am rebuilding and reclaiming my March, to become Marquis Fredrik RedTyde. This may take months, or longer, it depends on the shape of my lands and how burned they still are from the purge. But it /will/ happen. Pure and simple. I will not let RedTyde fade into memory.

I have the support of Duchess Margot and High Lord Edain in this venture already, and will hopefully receive more aid as I can.

We will not go quietly into the night. My family deserves more than that.

Written By Edward

June 3, 2018, 9:29 a.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Cullen

This man might just possess the most magnificent beard in all of Arx.

Written By Ida

June 3, 2018, 8:58 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

I have been given reason to think upon and, thus, write about family with this visit to the Archives. Guildmaster Joscelin is someone I consider family and have since my early days in Arx. And of course, my brother Austen. The former causes me to laugh and want to harm people all in one breath. The latter causes my hair to grow a bit more white every day, I think. Hourly perhaps. Still, I love him with a fierceness that maybe only a big sister can.

I am not a violent person. Pugilism is an art that I partake in for sport or defense. But when it comes to these two people, as well as His Grace, Prince Edain, and his family? I think I would do terrible things to anyone who might hurt them. I also have some empty shelves, though I hope never to have reason to fill them with what's left of those who come for my family.

Written By Oswyn

June 3, 2018, 7:58 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Archlechtor Bianca has offered to bless the shop. I feel very fortunate!

Written By Gianna

June 3, 2018, 7:54 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Baroness Lucita Saik has generously offered use of her music room in the efforts to make the Bard's College a reality. There is to be a fundraiser there hosted by myself, the Baroness, Princess Sabella Grayson, and Princess Sorrel Thrax. Still upcoming is my first performance at The Spirits. I have much to prepare for and songs to choose and practice.

The College's Great Hall is almost empty now, save for the shrine to Jayus. There is still so much work to do.

Written By Audric

June 3, 2018, 5:36 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Lys

It's odd, sometimes, having family. Someone who I just - care about and want to see flourish. It seems like a weakness, but at the same time, it keeps me from just holing up in the estate with my swords and coming out only when there are monsters to kill.

....that said, if someone decides they want to hurt my cousin, they should also remember what happened to the last people to hurt someone I cared about. They have a new home on my wall. I have more shelves.

Written By Joscelin

June 3, 2018, 5:23 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Austen

I'm amazed at exactly how much you got done while inebriated. It's very impressive.

Be sure you write everyone you know, I'm pretty sure that'd be prudent.

Written By Austen

June 3, 2018, 4:52 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

Burn them.

Written By Joscelin

June 3, 2018, 4:10 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Austen

I have a stack of messages from you.

You did very well.

Written By Caelis

June 3, 2018, 3:37 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Had a wonderful picnic with Prince Edain, just us, no little Princeling. I'm always a little in awe of seeing him in the wild. So often he wears the weight of his station and his immense care for those he has to protect. But when we steal away an afternoon I get to see the knight he dreamed of being before so much responsibility fell to his shoulders. I don't know that I could choose between them, my errant knight and the Prince of Sanctum. So often our thoughts and feelings for each other are kept private, once in a while there's a great need to cry out to the world that my husband is a lovely man. We've found a way to build a romance from our matching, thanks be to the Gods. I will be quite heart broken when young Prince Samuel is grown like his father to learn the crafts he plies. I pray, after our lovely picnic, that our son finds such pleasure in simple things and enjoys a pause for even a rare afternoon like his father does.

May your hopes find safe harbors.

Written By Austen

June 3, 2018, 3:19 a.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

I have woken up to find myself in my room with a large golden cup beside me. I have no memory of how this got here.

Did I steal it? I have a vague memory of...

Oh.

Oh no.

Written By Lisebet

June 2, 2018, 11:44 p.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Well, that was embarrassing. But fun at the same time. Even if my legs are all bruised and my ankle is swollen. If I ever try that gauntlet again, I vow to do better than I did today.

Written By Ariella

June 2, 2018, 11:06 p.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Monique

That's what I said! Minutes after you asked the question!

I'm wise, people.

Written By Sabella

June 2, 2018, 11:04 p.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

I WON THE CHARIOT RACE!

What an amazing and exciting night! Really, the horse did all the work and I just held on, but it was so fast! Perhaps I should get Master Tristan to inquire about purchasing it. I mean, I don't want to take care of it and I probably don't have time to ride it, but surely such an amazing creature should be in the Crown stables! And Master Tristan loves horses!

It was incredibly terrifying! And great. But also scary! And I will probably never do something like it again, but it seemed like a good idea at the time and I won, so I don't ever have to do anything like it again because now I will always be remembered as the Princess who won the dangerous chariot race at least until tomorrow when something else takes over the whites! How do you people who are always dealing with exciting things do it? My hands are still shaking. I feel like I won't sleep for a week!

My dress is completely ruined, though. That's three.

How many baths does it take to get dirt like this out of your hair?

Written By Monique

June 2, 2018, 10:50 p.m.(11/26/1008 AR)

Intentions or outcomes; I have had my question answered for me.

Outcomes.

It will always come down to outcomes.

You may have the noblest, most honorable intentions in the world, and if the outcome is dishonorable, then all the morality, all the reason in the world will not redeem you.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry